Our Emerging Talent Training program helps boys and girls to transition into the Future Manitou Academy program. Helping to ‘bridge the gap’ this program continues to focus on the basic skills required for higher levels of play and introduces the players to the four main moments that the game is based on: attacking, transition to defense, defending, transition to attack.
We continue to focus on the technical aspects needed to play at higher levels within the learning environment. Using a play-practice-play pedagogy we use the game as a main component of our teaching methodology. The training objectives are:
- Prepare boys and girls for Future Manitou play at U9-U10
- Continued focus on Ball Mastery, Dribbling, Feinting, Turns, Kicking and Movement
- Introduce the four main moments and reinforce transition
- Improve the players awareness and beginning ability to solve soccer problems
- The ETT program is open to MFC members and non-members
To sign up for Emerging Talent Training complete the following registration form and submit.