Overview: Player development doesn’t stop come winter at Manitou FC. Our PDP is designed to introduce and improve the basic skills needed to reach higher levels of play and enjoyment. Focusing on the fundamental skills necessary to be confident and creative with the ball helps the player to make better decisions in the game. Players enjoy playing in small-numbered games and activities that provide countless opportunities for the player to improve!
Objectives: We focus on the following technical aspects. They are:
- Ball Mastery: Skills build the relationship between a player’s feet and the ball
- Dribbling: Controlling and protecting the ball while moving
- Feinting: Developing the basis for feinting and beating an opponent 1v1
- Turns: Cutting, drawing, and turning with the ball to escape from your opponent
- Kicking: Introduction to the skills of kicking or passing the ball
- Finishing: Emphasis on the technical execution and composure to score goals
- Movement: Early introduction to movement along with the concept of transition
Instruction: All Winter PDP sessions are conducted by members of the Manitou FC Coaching Staff. These coaches are experienced members of our coaching staff who are exceptional coach-educators working with this age of player.