Designed to introduce and improve the basic skills needed to reach higher levels of play and enjoyment. Our Young Legends program focuses on the fundamental technical qualities necessary for a player to develop confidence and creativity with the ball. Helping the player to feel comfortable with the ball and less pressure allows them to raise the level of their game!
We focus on the following technical aspects. They are:
- Ball Mastery: Skills that help build the relationship between a player’s feet and the ball
- Dribbling: Controlling and protecting the ball while moving
- Feinting: Developing the basis for feinting and beating an opponent 1v1
- Turns: Cutting, drawing, and turning with the ball to escape from your opponent
- Kicking: Introduction to the skills of kicking or passing the ball
- Movement: Early introduction to movement along with the concept of transition