Program Sign-Up (U4-U10)
All of our programs are available to any player. We welcome any student looking to develop their skills in our Young Legends (U4-U8) and Future Manitous Programs (U8-U10). Tryouts aren’t required to join our programs.
Team Tryouts + Registration (U8-U19)
Our Girls and Boys Teams (U11-19) require each player to participate in tryouts and receive an invitation to join our teams. After participating in tryouts, you will receive an email from your coach letting you know if you’ve made the team. Then you can register your child and pay the club fees.
Upcoming Team Tryouts (U11-U19)
Registration is currently closed. To learn more about joining the club please contact us at the link below.
|Boys & Girls U8-U11||July 21-23, 2024 – TBD||White Bear Lake HS North|
|Boys & Girls U12-U19||July 27-28, 2024 – TBD||White Bear Lake HS North|
The tryout process for players who are currently playing for Manitou FC, provides multiple opportunities for their abilities to be assessed. Along with the scheduled tryouts, current players have also established a performance history through their participation during the past season. This information is further supplemented by the tryout process where current players and prospective players are viewed together to determine where players are in their development. Prospective “new” players are viewed and assessed only within the scheduled tryout windows.
All tryout participants are viewed to assess their abilities within the following areas: technical skills, tactical understanding along with their game sense and awareness, physical qualities and motor skills, personality, and competitive mindset. Within the youngest age groups great attention is paid to assessing their future potential and not just their current level of performance.
Boys and girls are expected to participate in both days of tryouts. If you are unable to attend both days, please inform our Sporting Director by sending an email to the address below explaining your reason for missing a tryout date:
Players who wish to tryout at an older age may do so if permission has been granted by our Sporting Director. Players should register for tryouts in their own age group and seek approval to tryout in an older age by sending an email to our Sporting Director with your request. In most instances, players will need to tryout in their own age group on the first day of scheduled tryouts and pending approval will then be permitted to tryout at an older age on the last day.
Players who have not registered for the Future Manitou’s program and are still considering if they want to play on a parent-volunteer coached team instead should participate in the placement trials for these age groups.
Following placement trials, players are offered an opportunity to sign up for the Future Manitou’s program or register to play on a team comprised of like-minded players who wish to play for a team coached by a parent-volunteer. If a parent-volunteer coach is not identified for this team prior to the placement trials, Manitou FC will attempt to identify an individual who is willing to assume the role of team coach.
Manitou FC conducts these placement trials to assist players and families within these age groups who are unsure of the best pathway forward for their son or daughter. For more information about the Future Manitou’s program please click here.
Follow the recommendations below to make sure you are prepared for the tryouts. Remember, failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
- It’s important to be rested and ready to go! Don’t physically overdo it the day before. Get a good night’s sleep.
- Make sure you eat properly the day before and day of the tryouts. Allow enough time to digest your food before the tryouts.
- Tryouts occur during some of the hottest days of the year. Make sure you hydrate throughout the day. Avoid the sun and heat throughout the day if possible.
- If you are recovering from an injury, make sure you are healthy enough to take part. If you need taping, bring enough tape so the athletic trainer can help you. Remember, the athletic trainer will not provide athletic tape.
- You must bring the following to tryouts: 1) Properly inflated soccer ball, 2) Personal water bottle/jug with enough water given potential heat.
- Each player will be provided with a Manitou FC t-shirt at check-in. Please wear appropriate clothing for tryouts. Do not wear shoes that haven’t been broken in.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time of your age group tryouts for check-in. Obtain player number at check-in to wear during each day of tryouts.
Following the final tryout, Manitou FC staff and evaluators meet to discuss players and finalize the team age group rosters. Rosters are then submitted to our club administrator who then sends a registration link via email to each player. Families are given 24 hours to accept or decline a roster spot after registration has been sent. Failure to accept a roster spot within the allotted time specified may result in forfeiture of the respective team invitation if registration not returned to Manitou FC within 24 hours.